Off on two new adventures!
Our first family trip to California and Disney and my first attempt at traveller’s notebook! I’m pretty laid back about this crafty experience, don’t have super high expectations for myself, just like the idea of sitting down in the eve to gather things we have collected, use some post-its where I’d like to put photos, do a bit of colouring and glueing embellishments and reflecting on our day! I’m hoping this will set up my trip journalling as I usually just take a tiny notebook and write down the day’s events, highlights and maybe the food. I’m hoping this will allow me to bring home that much more info on our trip to scrapbook in the larger format. I’m going to try and collect more little moments, write down any funny moments/quotes/happenings to remember and come home with more detail to our memories.
I want to say a very special thank you to @kaezmum for all her help, you can find her on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCXkqN408HxSW6a0ec-Gheg
Jenn was so generous to meet me for coffee and sit down and go through the ins and outs of creating a traveller’s notebook. She even gave me this beauty with the pineapple on it and a few other goodies to get me started!! She has some great videos on all of her travelling across Canada last year and the notebooks she created!! What an amazing souvenir to have from their six week road trip!! For longer trips, this would be an awesome way to record as much as you can, because who is going to remember all that fun stuff later? I’m currently starting to prepare to start to scrapbook our trip to England and Scotland last year and concluding I wish I had journaled so much more detail to the days, a learning experience that I hope to improve upon here 🙂
Here is a photo of a few things I’m taking 🙂
What have I decided to take? Because, I can tell you, if my hubby sees me coming with this, I’m going to get the lecture of, “I backpacked for a year with one backpack!”, yes, I’ve hear it every trip! haha So I’m keeping it super simple, and it is only a week, if it was longer, I’d definitely take inks and stamps and would probably invest in one of those little travel printers that Jenn has, but for this, I’m just going to stick a post-it for a photo reminder 🙂
- Zip up Bag from Thirty One Gifts – It’s called the Day by Day Case – It’s intended for a Bible but for this trip, it’s perfect for traveller’s notebook – If you’d like to order one online, click here and you will reach my friend, Nicky, in Calgary, AB.
- Traveller’s notebook – can be purchased online or at Michael’s, there are all kinds out there, I’m not sure exactly where this one came from but Jenn also makes them so there are all kinds of ideas out there.
- Faber Castell Gelatos – to add some each color and fun!
- Adhesive tape runner – Snail by Stampin Up – click here to purchase online 🙂
- Washi Tape – light and simple to travel with and can add so much to the fun – I have a variety here from the princess one to Stampin Up that I’ve collected 🙂
- Small post-it notes to stick in for photos and notes to do later.
- Embellishments – I’m taking some Disney princess chipboard and some Jolee’s flip flops that are adhesive backed.
- Writing Utensils – I’m taking a blue pen, black Micron .08 and a few Faber Castell Pitt artist pens, I just love them, in blue, pink and gold 😉 Take whatever you prefer that is comfortable and fun.
Please comment if you have any suggestions for this newbie to the craft, I’m super excited to dig in and we are counting down the hours now until we head off to the airport.
Thanks! Janley #yourstampinscrapbooker