Happy summer holidays, All! I know, I can’t believe it but it’s been almost a month since I blogged!! Well, if you’ve read my previous posts, you’ll know that I’ve changed gears a bit and am refocusing my crafty time on me :). That being said, I haven’t cracked my “on-going projects” bin since I was at the weekend retreat in May!!! So what have I been up to?
Travel and family!
- Well, July flew by and included an amazing trip to Barbados to spend time with my family from the East Coast! Here’s a pic of me on the beach!! It was truly gorgeous and am thankful to have had to the opportunity to go!
2. While I was away, Cory took the girls down the ranch and on some Saskatchewan adventures with Dad!
3. Then I packed us up and took the girls down the ranch and Olivia off to her first sleep away camp where she didn’t know a soul! She’s so totally cool with that, she had a blast! The girls and I hit the pool at the Cypress Hills Park as we waited for Olivia which was followed by a full family weekend at the 11th annual Reno Rodeo in Consul!
Summer 2018 continued…
Next up the girls are all off to dance camp next week, I’m going to try and get some things done around the house and dig out the school supplies that I ordered in June and haven’t opened the box! I’m hoping to squeeze in some tent camping after that (when it cools down to a more reasonable temp).
I just ordered my Stampin Up holiday pre-order yesterday!! Yes, that inspired me to do this post and get back at it!! I had mentioned in months gone by that I’ve decided I’m not offering a monthly Christmas card club this year, but am working on planning a 1 day weekend Christmas retreat to make 36 cards in 1 shot! I have never planned a “stamp a stack” before so I’m going to plan the cards and try to post some ideas/samples by September. Watch for the date to be posted soon!! It will be in November 🙂
Also, keeping with the me-time crafting theme, I am already planning to attend a retreat weekend the September 22nd weekend with a friend near Cochrane. I’m have opted out of the Scrapbook Carnival at Spruce Meadows this year, for this full weekend retreat instead. More time for my money and not need to get childcare on the Friday. I am still a huge fan of Creative Scrapbooker magazine, and will definitely be stopping by on Friday (on my way out of town to the crop) to shop and say hi!
So what’s on my to-do list… let’s have a look…
- Share some crafting love at the upcoming Millarville Fair (August 18-19) – watch for a post of all we submit 🙂
- Make new Outlander postcards for #droughtlander – OMG, did I mention the season 4 premiere date has been revealed??? November 4th!!
- Continue working on my UK April 2017 scrapbooking album
- Finish my travel notebook from Barbados
- Laminate and file all the kids’ work and projects that I have piled up from several years in the basement.
- Build a new ceiling fan and have it installed in my kitchen (the old one broke years ago and given the 30 degree weather, I really need to get on this!).
- Continue planning and working my new project for Christmas – the first annual Integrity kids’ Christmas party! I wonder if there will be a Christmas card crafting station??? 😉
- Dig out and label the kids’ school supplies (not Olivia’s, just the kinder want it).
- Go school shopping for fall clothes, including new indoor shoes (this is on the list for next week when the girls are all at dance camp and I can shop solo!).
I’m sure the list goes on so do feel free to give me encouragement to just pick and start!
Anyway, that’s all for now. Do watch for a Facebook Live of all my new fall goodies when they come, and a SAVE the DATE for my Christmas Card stamp a stack retreat! If you are interested in more info on the event, please do message me or email: email@example.com.